Monday, December 29, 2008

The Day My Light Fails, a poem by The Dark Poet Byron

The Day My Light Fails

my life is a book on which my memories are written
everyday i take a page and briskly read through it
last night i lost myself in a tale that told my life.
there once was a beacon that i could follow through the night
a glimpse of a lady that could lead me through nocturnal life

in my pursuit of my purpose, the simple beacon fell away
with the loss of this light my dreams just seemed to die
i cannot get it back and for that i gave my life
the poet had to give in to the darkness growing inside

his light just slipped away and it buried him in turn
this nameless faceless beauty that just robbed him of his soul
the days now just pass by as he mimics living life

he simply cant escape
he is a prisoner of his mind

An Original Poem By The Dark Poet Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment